Thank You For VIsiting Me...!!!

With outstretched arms, I welcome you to the world of yet unsaid emotions...

Wish you a good time.! And thank you for visiting me...!!!

Thursday 7 June 2018

Drinking The Ocean With A Straw...!!!



How late is it to talk about New Year Resolutions?

About five months..? And a few days..?
It is that late.

But, better late than never, right!

I am not a very big fan of Resolutions, per se. Because they test my resolve. And I am not a very big fan of tests.
LHS = RHS.
Q.E.D.

But towards the end of last year, when I was awake most of the nights, thanks to my baby, I had my smartphone to my rescue. And it was then that I stumbled upon this art of 'Hand-lettering'. I had encountered this term and art before, but it never really registered with me, until now. The different
fonts were beautiful, the supplies were simple and easy to procure and it was something that could be done in very little time.

So, my five-pointer checklist was greeny-green! 

  • Creativity: check; 
  • Speed: check;
  • Interest: check;
  • New: check
  • Inexpensive: check.

And of course, the sanctity of creative base-lining, that a thing of beauty is a joy forever, was totally maintained.

I decided to give it a shot, with the supplies I had. And promised myself to secure the other fancy tools when I proved to myself that I was working on this with due diligence and sustained passion. The deal was to practice this art every day, which meant, I would have to create a hand-lettered note or message Every Day. Pretty doable, isn't it? (Or maybe not totally so. But as long as it sustains, even with a few random gaps in between, I think it is worth it, right!)

Just like a sunflower follows the Sun, I too combed the internet and started following some artists who seem to have already mastered this craft and who effortlessly encourage me.

It is absolute fun and very fulfilling, being able to create something new every day, even if it is inspired from someone else.

Below are some samples:



















I am happy with the results. I want to show all of these to my Son when he starts understanding what this is all about, so that he too grows up to have a beautiful handwriting. Having typed this just now, I realize that I can't wait for him to grow up and hold his pencil and start writing. I live to see the day when he would make a card on my Birthday and/or Mother's Day and label it, "For The Best Mom In The Universe".

Wait, did I whizz past too fast?
Isn't there a lot that I need to do before hoping for this to happen.
Being the "Best Mom in the Universe" is no easy title, it has to be duly earned.
That too, before my baby can start making cards. 
So that he can justifiably use this title. In the cards he makes for me.

And Time, they say, flies. I better buck up!

Just for this one time, Yayy! for New Year Resolutions..!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment