Thank You For VIsiting Me...!!!

With outstretched arms, I welcome you to the world of yet unsaid emotions...

Wish you a good time.! And thank you for visiting me...!!!

Tuesday 27 March 2018

Hobbmob is the way to be...!!!

#Art
#Hobbmob
#SomethingFunEveryDay


I have often read that there are no co-incidences in life. Whatever happens, is what we have attracted into our lives, by being on the same thought-frequency.

When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

And there are few better teachers in life than ART. 

Art is a way to escape into your wonderland when you have to stay put where you have to. It is an effortless means for time-travel. It is a way of dusting off the staleness and boredom from the regular, mundane everyday. It is what re-introduces you to yourself, and makes you more aware - of yourself, and everything else around you. 

It helps you find the biggest item on your wish-list: Peace of Mind. 

And then it takes you to that place where nothing else matters.

I am a big fan of this teacher called Art and whenever I am asked about my sole purpose in life, despite being a relatively lost soul, the one thing I know for sure is that I want to make this world a more beautiful place to live in.

Maybe it was this thought-frequency of mine that led me to this beautiful awesomeness of a girl called Rajvi - Founder and CEO of HobbMob - The entrepreneurial venture that is dedicated to providing you with the best Hobby Experience with your friends and family. Active in the cities of Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Pune, Calicut and Kolkata, a Hobbmob workshop is something you have to attend to know what it tastes like. And once you do, you reach that creative spot from where there's no coming back.

Since Interviews are a big thing on my radar currently, there was no way I was missing this opportunity of doing this with Rajvi. And she was absolutely instrumental in rekindling my love for the creative sway of the hand and in the goodness called humanity.

Below are some glimpses of this sunshine spreading the cheer and excerpts from her interview.

















*******

1. Please tell us about Yourself.

My name is Rajvi and I run a company called Hobbmob.

Hobb: hobby
Mob: group of people

Hobbmob tries to bridge hobbies with all of us :)

A part of me always knew I was going to be an entrepreneur but never in my wildest dreams had I thought that I’ll run a brand focused on Hobbies.

I love anything that’s offline and outdoors. (I LOVE THIS!


My favorite night is board games night and I’m obsessed about trying new stuff and experiencing things first hand.


2. Something about your educational and family background. About past jobs.

After completing high school in Indore, I moved to Boston where I studied Finance and Accounting for about 7 years. I worked there as a Financial Analyst and always found fun stuff to do over the weekend. From Macaroon Classes to Clay Modelling, I really utilized my weekends to create memories with my friends.


3. When did you realize that Craft was your calling. How was Hobbmob conceived.

When I moved back to India, I realized it wasn’t the same kind of India I left when I was 17. We were more connected and so much more aware of our surroundings and the world but our social experiences were still the same. Movies, dinner and clubs were the only way we decided to spend time with our loved ones, that’s when I knew there was a change that needed implementation and the idea of creative nights hence Hobbmob was born.


4.  Was HobbMob a part time thing that you took up as a Passion-project while retaining your day job or did you plunge into it head-on.

It was always a full time thing. I knew I needed to focus all my energies into this.


5. Do you have any mentors. Please tell us something about them.

I really look up to my sister. She’s younger than me but she makes my life more purposeful. She is my biggest critic and has a really different perspective.


6. What goes into the preparation of your next show. How is the idea conceptualized. What is the thought process. Please tell us about the physical/emotional challenges.

Every time we plan an event, the biggest challenge is to prep the artist and visualize the experience we are trying to put together. We always work with different artists and try to create a one of kind experience for all our participants.


7. Are you an early morning person or a late night-er. What time of the day are you at your creative and productive best.

I’m definitely not an early morning person. I work best when there is no noise. After 10 pm is when I am the most productive, no distractions and my phone is finally quiet.


8. Did you get the support you needed from your family, foraying into this territory? How did you hold yourself up. What/Who was your biggest support.

I have been very lucky to have the most supportive family and friends. My husband and my sister have been my biggest support. They force me to make tough decisions and really push me out of my comfort zone.


9. What keeps you up when the going gets tough.

I guess every entrepreneur goes through self doubt and fear for the future. What keeps me going is so much love from everyone who has participated in our workshops, complete strangers who message us on Hobbmob and appreciate what we do and the media as well- who covers us. All the appreciation is what keeps Hobbmob going.


10. How do you unwind after a long, busy day.

After a Long day, I love to paint and listen to some music. There have been times when I’m painting in the middle of the afternoon, just to take a break between my meetings. Art is the best meditation.

11. What is your ultimate aim in life. And, a philosophy you live by.

This may sound weird but my ultimate aim in life is to paint away all the white walls. I can’t stand white walls with white lights and boring structures. We need more people painting the walls in villages and painting away pillars with messages. I want to make everything around me more welcoming and artistic.

A philosophy I live by is- Let’s Make bigger tables and not higher walls. We all need to be more careful with what we say and how we treat one another.


12. Outside of work, any other commitments.

No, Hobbmob and my family is the only thing I’m committed to.


13. Which is your fav hobby and which art do you think people should focus on?

My personal favorite hobby is Pottery. I love how things are made out of clay. It’s such a beautiful process.

I think a lot more of us need to focus on Recycling and Up-cycling waste. We should be more aware of the things we dispose.


14. Do you want to put up an exhibition soon, or will it be just workshops for a while?

I guess it will just be workshops for a while. We tie up with a lot of artists, so may be we will go into the exhibition side of things, but nothing anytime soon.


15. How did you come up the idea of hobby kits?

We have always tried to break distance, time and convenience barriers.

We wanted people to be able to pursue their hobbies at their own time and convenience. These kits are also made keeping in mind people who live in smaller towns and are looking out for something creative and fun. (Readers, check out the Hobby Kits here)



16. What are the future plans with Hobbmob?

Our next step is to play into the corporate workshops and really promote art within individuals who are working constantly and necessarily not focused on hobbies. 

Art has the power to change you, make you more focused, reliable and increase concentration. We want to make art a part of their lives and also for them to develop stronger bonds with their peers.



17. A message for our readers.

If there is one thing you can do today, let that be to make a conscious effort to declutter your mind and truly be with yourself. 


*******

Rajvi interviewed like a song. Like that love song which can go on in your head for the whole day without knocking you out. 

These were the most candid, avant-garde and lovable answers my questions have received in a while. 

I wish her and Hobbmob all the heights and success they deserve, for there is no greater high than a job well done, and there can be no better job than that which brings unbounded happiness to you exactly while making this world a better, more beautiful place to live in...!!!




2 comments:

  1. A excited reading Meghna, as I could relate to art and my hobbies !!
    I am looking forward to explore hobbmob ☺️☺️
    Really glad to know that such thing exists !!
    Thanks to you ☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete